Pinecrest Golf Club is currently open and will remain open unless we are mandated by government officials to cease operations.
The game of golf provides an excellent opportunity for exercise and social distancing, and we are striving to provide this to our customers without interruption for the foreseeable future. With this being said, the health and safety of our employees and valued customers is our #1 priority and we will be implementing the following procedures in effort to create the safest possible environment:
- Each golf cart will be sprayed with disinfectant following each round prior to being cleaned. We will spray all touch points including; steering wheels, cupholders, cubbies, coolers, sand buckets, sand bottles, and bag straps.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning/disinfecting other high touch points around the clubhouse’s such as counter-tops, credit card swipes, pens, door handles, etc.
- Our staff has been instructed to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer often. We have also instructed our staff to practice social distancing and avoid crowded areas.
- We are in the process of removing all rakes from the golf course. Starting today and continuing until further notice, we will have a local rule in place allowing players to utilize preferred lies in any bunker.
- All rental club sales will be suspended.
- We still have our complimentary water station set up in the clubhouse and we are encouraging everyone to bring their own cups. Cups will be available at the pro shop counter and bar for your convenience also.
- Players may request an additional cart for single person usage at an additional cost.
We are asking our customers to assist in the following ways:
- Putt with the flagsticks left in the hole. This will eliminate another common touch point.
- Allow for “gimmies” inside of 3 feet. Again, this eliminates the need to touch the pin or cup.
- We encourage you to call ahead on the date of play to pay for your round over the phone. If you choose to do so, all we ask is that you come inside the golf shop to check in with our attendant so that we know you are here and can send you to the 1st tee.
- Most importantly, stay informed. The COVID-19 virus is proving to be a very serious issue across the country, and if you are feeling ill in any way, please adhere to governmental agencies recommendations and stay home.
With everyone’s help, we have the best chance to achieve our goal of staying open for business with no interruption and maintaining a safe and healthy atmosphere.
Please call 843.757.8960 with any questions, for more information, or to book a tee time.
Pinecrest Golf Staff